The Company will employ competent Officers and Ratings to ensure that all managed vessels are operated safely and efficiently to comply with the requirements of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping (STCW-2010) convention, National and International regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective contracts with our seafarers and clients.
Stringent crew selection and recruitment methods will be employed to ensure that:
- Manning requirements for all vessels in the Fleet are in accordance with the statutory requirements of the relevant Flag Administration and STCW Code.
- Crew members joining vessels have the necessary training and proper seafarers’certification, licences,special qualification certificates, record books, etc. in accordance with Flag State administration requirements.
- Suitably qualified and experienced personnel are recruited for each position.
- All personnel are medically fit at the time of recruitment.
- Senior Officers possess a good command of spoken and written English (which is the official language on board all vessels) and that key personnel on a vessel are able to converse in the same common language, in order that key commands /instructions are properly understood.
- The Company requirements regarding Safety and environmental protection are not compromised.
It is Company Policy to conduct personal interviews with all Officer Candidates prior to their first engagement. Conditions of employment onboard the Company's vessels are detailed in the “Service Conditions” and “Employment Contract”, which will be sighted and explained to all short listed candidates before the Contract is signed.
The Company extends this selection and recruitment policy to personnel employed through its Manning agents. The Company will issue the contracted Manning Agent(s) with copies of this manual and the relevant provisions of Company’s SMS, together with necessary instructions on their use to ensure that the Company’s selection procedures are strictly complied with before personnel are selected for appointment.